Why do we need to keep indoor plants at home?
There are several reasons for keeping the most popular House Plants. Reasons are – Keeps the air purifier, helps to reduce stress, the house looks pretty, welcomes positive vibes and many more reasons.
Here, you don’t need a huge terrace or balcony for planting, all you need is a little space right inside your home for these beautiful and useful plants.
10 Most Popular House Plants, you can grow Indoors:
1) Money Plant
- The money plant is one of the most popular House Plants, which is easy to grow in both soil and water.
- The money plant improves air quality in the house and according to principles, creates a harmonious environment and brings in prosperity.
- Moreover, placing a money plant in front of a sharp corner or angle reduces anxiety and stress.
- It also helps avoid arguments and sleep disorders.
- According to Vastu, a money plant is good luck for home as welcomes good vibes and positivity inside the house.
2) Aloe Vera
- Aloe Vera is the most popular house plants in India for indoor planting as well and many people keep it inside the house.
- It is used for many reasons – beauty, health, and home decor.
- Aloe plants like to be dry and warm, not wet and cold, so water only when you see that the soil in the pot is dry.
- The best spot to keep this plant in a sunny window.
- Aloe in full shade will not thrive.
- Also, if you have just repotted the plant, do not water it for two to three days — wait for the roots to settle.
3) Snake Plant
The snake plant is one of the easiest to grow and requires no extra attention. Going out of town and have no one to take care of your plant? No worries.
Forgot to water it on time? Again, no problem. This plant can be neglected for weeks and will still give you long, fresh leaves.
The only thing to keep in mind is that they can easily rot, so they need to be planted in free-draining soil. An easy-to-maintain indoor plant that thrives in low light, it absorbs toxins and chemicals from the air and converts carbon dioxide into oxygen.
4) Rose Plant
If a person is planting rose plant at their home, what all benefits they are getting from it?
- Positive energy increase and negative energy decrease by planting rose in the home.
- Love increase in married life by keeping rose in the bedroom.
- They used it in the temple to adornment the god.
- It not only makes out house nice side by side it helps us in other ways too.
- It helps us in medical ways also, for example, it purifies our blood, intestinal ulcer, diarrhea, etc.
5) Areca Palm
- This leafy plant can be grown anywhere in the house in indirect sunlight.
- Make sure it is not exposed to direct sunlight, or leaves will turn yellow.
- Put it in a small container and the crowded roots will help in limiting the size of the plant.
- The plant is useful in filtering xylene and toluene from the air.
- It also works effectively as an effective humidifier.
- Water enough to keep the soil moist and let it dry a little between watering in winter.
- Areca palm won’t be harmful to children and pets since it is free of toxic chemicals.
- For that reason, this palm is perfectly safe as a houseplant.
- It is also full of positive benefits.
- The most noticeable role of areca palm benefits is its ability to cleanse and purify the air around the room.
6) Indian Basil
- Basil is commonly grown in India in everyone’s home.
- Another name of Indian basil is “Tulsi”. Seen thriving even after little-to-no maintenance, this plant has several medicinal properties.
- Also, it helps in purifying the air and improves air quality. It can be planted in a simple pot.
- It requires regular sunlight, so the best place to keep this plant would be a sunny window.
- All you need to do is water it regularly (but be sure not to over-water) and watch it thrive.
- Indian basil is known as the queen of herbs given its medicinal and healing properties.
- Anthuriums are listed on NASA’s air purifying plants list.
- They are one of the Most Popular House Plants that purify indoor air.
- Their large, dark leaves suck up ammonia, formaldehyde, toluene, and xylene.
- Anthurium flower meaning is simply irresistible the magic of this flowering plant creates and holds healing powers.
- It helps us in improving mood and promotes increased goal achievement.
8) Peace Lily
- The Peace Lily is a beautiful plant and one that can improve your indoor air quality by as much as 60 percent.
- It helps to reduce the levels of mold spores that grow in the home by absorbing those spores through its leaves and them circulating them to the plant’s roots where they are used as food.
- Apart from being aesthetically appealing, peace lilies enhance the indoor air quality.
- These indoor plants require little to no sunlight and are easy to cultivate.
- Adapted to low levels of watering, the hooded flowers are quite striking and beautiful.
9) Lucky Bamboo
- Lucky Bamboo plant attracts positive energy that is supposed to bring good health, peace, happiness, prosperity, longevity and good luck into the home that has this plant.
- As the name suggests, this houseplant is the auspicious plant that brings good luck to your house and has a quite attractive and unique appearance.
- Also, the twist in the story is that the plant is not a member of the Bamboo family and belongs to the same family as the lily.
10) Weeping Fig
- Weeping fig plant helps against emissions from curtains, carpets, and furniture.
- The weeping fig initially takes time to grow, but once it is an incomplete form, it can grow up to 10 feet.
- One thing you should keep in mind is to not move this plant around too much — its leaves can shed easily. Place it in bright, indirect light and let it stay there.
- Also, keep it away from direct cold or hot air from doorways as this also causes leaves to fall.
Read More:Decorating the Master Bedroom
To sum up, every plant has its quality and importance too. Everyone loves to have indoor plants that you can keep at home with several benefits. All these plants give positivity to your home and decorate your home.