Interested in learning to manage Election Campaigns, Political Management, or Constituency Management while earning a full-time, academically-acclaimed degree at the PG level? MIT School of Government is currently accepting online applications for its Master’s degree in Political Leadership and Government program, explore more and apply here.
Must PG Degree for Political Leadership Training: MA in Political Leadership & Government
MIT World Peace University also offers a 2-year Master’s degree in Political Leadership and Government, which offers career prospects in politics. This program helps students take a deep-dive into the field of politics and functioning of government. Envisaged by Shri Rahul V Karad, Executive President, MIT-WPU the program has been designed by Hon’ble Late Shri. T. N Seshan, Former Election Commissioner of India, and other noted advisory panel, which makes the program a comprehensive ‘Leadership Development Program’ for all aspiring youth leaders.
Here are some key highlights of this unique Master’s degree program:
- The first year of the program comprises of on-campus learning which includes – classroom lectures by core and visiting faculty interactive sessions with national-level eminent leaders from Politics, Social Sector, Bureaucracy, Judiciary, Media, and the Corporate Sector
- For a hands-on experience, local field visits are organized to Gram Panchayat, Zilla Parishad, Municipal Corporation, State Assembly, Cooperatives, and NGOs
- Study Tours related to constituency management and campaign & elections management are conducted
- National Study Tour to Delhi is organized to give first-hand exposure on Politics
The academic learning in the first year is focused on the following crucial aspects of politics:
- Political Management which deals with verbal & written communication, advertising & branding, social media management, public relations
- Constituency Management which deals with Development and Management of a constituency – may be MP, MLA, Corporator, Zilla Parishad member, or member of a Gram Panchayat. It prepares them to effectively manage one’s constituency, which is core to the development of the concerned region.
- Campaign & Elections management is an important focus area as it involves planning w.r.t preparation for an election – may be Lok Sabha or State Assembly Elections or Municipal Corporation Council Elections, Zilla Parishad or Gram Panchayat Elections. This aspect also covers the crucial part of campaign planning utilizing Media, Research, Data mining, Data analysis, Psephology.
- Public Policy and International Relations are very important focus areas for study of this program
The second year of the program comprises of off-campus Internships & Training which include:
- Constituency-based internship
- Issue-based internship / Internship with NGOs / Internships with Media and
- FinalInternship with offices of political parties and/or with political leaders which helps the students establish themselves firmly in the Political Sector
- Internships provide the necessary wherewithal w.r.t ground realities of Politics and day-to-day challenges which these young postgraduates need to be ready to face while carving out niche careers, either in Electoral Politics or Functional Politics
Career Prospects After The Program
Students pursuing this program can explore plenty of opportunities at the offices of Members of Parliament, Ministers, Speakers of State Assemblies, Chief Ministers & Members of various State Legislative Assemblies. They are attractive opportunities in functional politics such as:
- Political Strategist
- Political Consultant
- Political Analyst
- Policy Research Associate
- Election & Campaign Manager
- Social Media Analyst
- Constituency Manager
- Public Relations Officer
- Associate Assistants in Parliamentary & Legislative Affairs
Interested in learning to manage Election Campaigns, Political Management, or Constituency Management while earning a full-time, academically-acclaimed degree at the PG level? MIT School of Government is currently accepting online applications for its Master’s degree in Political Leadership and Government program, apply here.