G.S. Channi, a renowned personality, who proved humanity again.
Gurcharan Singh Channi (brought into the world 19 October 1951), who serve professional career as:
- Narrative Creator
- TV Movie Producer
- Prominent Theater Character
- Dramatist and Extremist situated in Chandigarh
Channi who is the former student of
- Department of Indian Theater
- Panjab University, Chandigarh
- National School of Drama (NSD)
- New Delhi and Film and Television Institute of India (FTII)
G.S.Channi is the beneficiary of Sangeet Natak Academy grant for network theater.
Since 1988, he has been the Director of Education and Voluntary Action, (CEVA), Chandigarh.
And deliberate association engaged with the fields of Non-formal Education.
- Community Theater
- Community Media and Cultural Activism
He has acted in Punjabi movies, for example, Punjabi 1984 and Shareek.
Gagster to treat mental illness (Counselling Act)
G.S.Channi has made a step ahead towards humanity, becoming a Joker at hospitals and meeting children and other patients to talk about the beauty of life.
Sometimes people are coming with their Xray reports but then also we kept continue the act to make them rejoiced,’ says G.S.Channi.
We were assuring them that everything will be fine shortly.
For a period of time, People forgot for a while that they are in hospital and being treated for an illness.
Personal Life of G.S.Channi
He is hitched to Harleen Kohli who is a legal counselor by training and was effectively engaged with socialist development.
When G.S.Channi met Harleen, he was into network theater.
She is likewise similarly engaged with his locale theater.
They go to scenes with no fixed content.
The subjects and plays develop dependent on the temperament of the social affair.
They work with a wide range of crowds however their most loved is kids – who they feel make the best proposals and are incredibly amusing to work with.
The greater part of their plays manages the issues of Punjab since the hour of the activist development and the outcomes.
Issues looked by ladies through marriage, settlement and other social issues are likewise part of their collection.
They have two kids – little girl Sukhmani Kohli and Gyan Dev.
Grants and Praises
G.S.Channi is receipt of Central Sangeet Natak Akademi’s National Award for Community Theater (1999).
He has different honors shockingly, for example,
- Balraj Sahni Memorial Award for Children’s Community Theater.
- North India Film Association (NIFA) Award of Excellence for telefilm Tuttu (1989).
- Special Diploma Award for Lasya Lahari – a narrative film on Mohiniyattam at Svetlogorsk Festival.
- Russia in 1994, Punjab Sangeet Natak Akademy Award (2000).
- Senior Fellowship from the Ministry of Culture.
- Government of India (2008-2010) and Shiromani Natakkar Award, Government of Punjab (2013).
G.S.Channi has twice filled in as the Chairman of Chandigarh Sangeet Natak Academy (1999-2007 and 2013-2015).
His achievement reflects in:
- Advisory Council Member for Cultural Affairs, Govt. of Punjab (1999-2004)
- Overseeing Council Member
- Sangeet Natak Akademy, Delhi (1999-2009)
- Member Expert Committee (Building and Equipment Grants) Ministry of Culture, GOI (2005-2007)
- Member Expert Committee (Junior and Senior Fellowships) Ministry of Culture, GOI (2010-2012)
This is how G.S.Channi is spreading happiness at the time of a very depressive period.
He’s the man who believes in strong mental power to spread the strength in belief.