Are you planning to settle in the business capital of India, the financial capital of India, the city of dreams, the home of the highest number of billionaires and millionaires in India? Not only among the wealthiest in the country but also the rich cities around the globe. The land of Bombay Stock Exchange, National Stock Exchange, and Reserve Bank of India. The astounding zone of buzz since the Tata group, Reliance Industries, Aditya Birla Group, and all of such influential business houses have made Mumbai their desk. If you ask such extremely successful individuals why is Mumbai called the city of dreams? They will ask you to look at their lifestyle and that will simply answer your question.
Mumbai which was earlier known as Bombay is popularly known as “Mayanagri” or “the city of dreams.” If you plan to settle in Mumbai, then this article is a must-read for you. The above-mentioned paragraph surely calls this city an overachiever and maybe already answer the question of why is Mumbai called the city of dreams. It is since it’s the city that never sleeps. The fast-paced life of Mumbai is simply getting things done and people are turning into millionaires and billionaires. This attracts a large number of migrants hence increasing the city’s population to around 2 Crore.
Why is Mumbai Called The City of Dreams?
- A place for all, the entrepreneurs and job seekers: If you’re looking for a job, you must know that there are an endless number of jobs in Mumbai. Since all the major companies have their headquarters in Mumbai, the main operations are held here hence, it’s easy to find jobs in any field, be it finance, fashion, IT, etc. Also, due to the huge population in Mumbai, there’s scope for medical too! Apart from this even if you’re not an engineer or doctor you could still make it big in Mumbai by entering into the creative fields like fashion designing, graphic designing, photography, creative direction, etc. Big designers like Manish Malhotra and Masaba Gupta all have generated a huge amount of business in Mumbai! On the other hand, talking for all the entrepreneurs, Mumbai is the best place for start-ups. It has unlimited scope for start-up products since the buying capacity of the residents in Mumbai is pretty high. Hence, you could think of building a business in Mumbai.
- The Bollywood destination: The city of dreams, “Mumbai” is home to all kinds of celebrities especially Bollywood celebs, fashion designers, graphic designers, stylists, makeup artists, photographers, and cameramen all working with the theatre productions are present in Mumbai. All of these movie producers, directors even stylists, and music producers have created a huge fan following for them. They are not only financially well off but have also managed to gain respect and fame from all over India. Whether we talk about Akshay Kumar, who started his career as a waiter, or Shah Rukh Khan, who had no idea he will become the king khan of Bollywood.
- Historical significance and beautiful architecture: Historical attractions like the Elephanta Caves, Chhatrapati Shivaji Museum, Kanheri Caves, etc have not lost their eternal significance even after the great amount of development in the city. This place is also home to gothic style, Victorian style, and Indian- Saracenic style structures. The earliest rulers and kings of India built the marine drive, Gateway of India, and Haji Ali Dargah.
- Impressive stories, creating heaven for migrants: Shah Rukh Khan a student in Delhi, from a very simple family, migrated to Mumbai to build his career in acting. Now everyone knows him as King khan, the owner of Mannat, and by his incredible lifestyle. 54% of the population living in Mumbai are from outside Mumbai, they are all migrants. Mumbai is a place providing better educational services, job opportunities, and a safe environment for families to grow, hence it attracts a large number of migrants.
- Place of firsts: First passenger train of the subcontinent ran here in the city of dreams. India’s first, civil aviation airport was opened here at Juhu, in the year 1928. The first five-star hotel in India, opened in Mumbai, by the name, “The TAJ Mahal Palace”. Not only this but also the first movie screening also took place in Mumbai.
The countless opportunities for people in the field of business, jobs, theatre, arts, language, music, sciences, and anything you name are present here. With a large amount of market, your business can easily generate profits since the main client business is present here. All types of people are settled here. From the affluent in South Mumbai to those in Chawls. Everyone works hard, and will one day surely achieve what they wished for. Hence, you might be aware of why is Mumbai called the city of dreams!
If you plan to visit Mumbai for your vacation, then you must consider a stay in the below-listed hotels to make your stay memorable:
- The Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai
- The Oberoi, Mumbai
- ITC Maratha, a luxury collection
- Novotel Mumbai Juhu Beach
- JW Marriott Mumbai Juhu
Once you’ve reached Mumbai you can’t leave without visiting these tourist attractions. These are one of the most popular tourist attractions that must be visited:
- Gateway of India
- Red Carpet Wax Museum, Mumbai
- Elephanta Caves, Mumbai
- Siddhivinayaktemple, Mumbai
- Marine drive
- Mumbai film city
- ChhatrapatiShivaji Terminus (CST), Mumbai
Whether you plan to settle in Mumbai or you plan to go there for a visit, it’s all worth it. You are going to learn a lot. Mumbai will give you enough exposure to, business, movies, celebrities, lifestyle, hard work, and fast-paced life that you might not adapt to quickly but yes it’s all worth it. It’s new learning, it’s a modern city!
Written By: Nehal Sharma
(Disclaimer: This article is from the author’s perspective. Kindly do check with experts before following. newzito.com will not be responsible for any kind of inconvenience and incorrect or misleading information.)